ABOUT

harbourviewlogo_250

Welcome to Harbour View Hotel

                                             18 Lower Fort Street, The Rocks, Sydney 2000                                                                                                                   Phone: 9252 4111                                                                                                                                   Email: mail@harbourview.com.au

Bridge View

Our new Winter menu is here to kick off May- click here to check it out! 

The closest hotel to the Harbour Bridge.

Indeed, the original Harbour View Hotel, built around 1843, was demolished to make way for this world icon. It was originally situated where the granite pylons now stand. The new Harbour View Hotel is on land set aside around 1915 for religious purposes. The owners at the time, brewers Tooth & Company would not move from the area and some arrangements took place between church, brewer and the NSW State Government to obtain the site. Architect’s drawings dated 1921 exist and construction would have started soon after. Local residents reveal that the main patrons in the early days were bridge construction workers and tunnellers working on the underground railway.

The current owners purchased the Harbour View hotel in 1998 and closed the hotel in July 2000 to start renovations.  This took 12 months to complete and the hotel and site is now within a National Trust conservation area listed on the State Heritage Register with a permanent conservation order.

The hotel has an elegant public bar, with its own grand piano and Bridge memorabilia, two function rooms, rooftop cocktail bar, formal a la carte restaurant and a gaming room.

Sydney Harbour, Harbour Bridge and streetscape views of elegant Victorian terraces are seen from most parts of this stylish hotel- Australia’s birthplace: The Rocks.  The Harbour View Hotel is a fully licensed establishment. Therefore, byo alcohol is not applicable.

image1

Pictured above, the old Harbour View Hotel once located on George Street.  Built around 1843 and demolished to make way for this world icon the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  The Foundations of the old building can still be seen, located at the entrance to Dawes Point Park, opposite.

Sign up to our mailing list

TRADING HOURS

Monday-Saturday: 11am -12 midnight

Sunday: 11.00am -10.00pm

All bars close at 11.45pm Monday to Saturday and 9.45pm on Sundays due to licensing laws.

For all enquiries please email mail@harbourview.com.au

Phone: 9252 4111      Address: 18 Lower Fort St, The Rocks

            Visit our Facebook Page                       Visit our Twitter Page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *